In 1948 Peter Hoberg and Toni Driesch founded their own steel piping and tubing company. Their aim was to provide their clientele with something unique: a range of all possible high quality steel pipe and tube variants, always available for delivery at any time.
Their concept proved successful: Hoberg & Driesch is today not only one of Europe’s leading steel pipe and tube wholesalers, it can also boast a very satisfied customer base. And with good reason.
We are proud of our independence and as a privately owned company we can offer the reliability that you look for in a trustworthy business relationship. Our focus is on a wide range of seamless and welded, high quality steel tube products from German and international manufactures.
- 1948: The steel distribution company was founded by Peter Hoberg and Toni Driesch
- 1972: The first branch opened in Kornwestheim
- 1973: Acquistion of Süddeutscher Röhren-Vertrieb (today our Munich branch)
- 1976: Foundation of the Hamburg branch
- 1980: Acquistion of Schumacher Stahlrohre (Düsseldorf)
- 1997: Acquisition of Kühnlein (Nuremberg)
- 1997: Purchase of Dresdner Röhrenhandel (today Dresden branch)
- 1997: Purchase of GERO (Gelsenkirchen)
- 2008: Relocation of the headquarters and central warehouse to the new building in Düsseldorf-Rath
- 2010: Foundation of sales office in Turkey (Istanbul)
- 2011: Acquisition of Jung & Co. (Kamp-Lintfort)
- 2015: Acquistion of BHT Stahlrohrlager (Kornwestheim)
- 2015: Acquistion of MUTT / MUTA (Prague, Czech Republic)
- 2017: Take over of the business activities and warehouse of the tube stockist Knauf Interfer
- 2018: New organisation of the tubes group and merger of the H&D, GERO, Schumacher, BHT and Rohrunion brands to become the H&D Röhrenhandel GmbH (sales) and H&D Logistik GmbH (purchase & logistic)
- 2018: Acquistion of RSC Rohr-Service-Center (Wesseling)
- 2019: Acquistion of Pouchard et Cie S.A. (Mitry Mory, France)